Concord Grape Wine Recipe (from concentrate)
CONCORD WINE RECIPE (from frozen concentrate)
Large food grade-quality plastic or earthenware crock (primary fermenter)
1 or more clean narrow-neck glass jugs (secondary fermenters)
Fermentation locks for each secondary fermenter
Plastic syphon tubing
25 "fifth" (750 ml.) wine bottles and corks
Large plastic sheet or cover for primary fermenter
Sodium metabisulfite to sanitize equipment and bottles
INGREDIENTS FOR FIVE GALLONS:
10 x 12 oz. cans frozen concord grape juice
4 gallons of water
18 cups of sugar (1.085-1.090 specific gravity)
4 teaspoons acid blend
2 1/2 teaspoons Super Ferment
5 campden tablets (crushed)
1 pkg. all purpose wine yeast
1. Thaw frozen juice, shake well and put into primary fermenter. Add all the other ingredients EXCEPT the wine yeast and the campden tablets. Stir well. Cover with plastic sheet to keep out dust.
2. Crush and dissolve the campden tablets in 1/2 cup warm water. Add to primary fermenter and stir well. Cover with plastic sheet and tie down. Stir 3 - 4 times during the next 24 hours.
3. At the end of this period, sprinkle the yeast into a cup lukewarm water. Cover & allow to stand 15 - 20 minutes. After yeast activates, pour into must. Re-cover. Allow to ferment 5 - 7 days or until the foaming subsides.
4. Syphon the wine into the sterilized 5 gallon jug. Be sure to fill the jug into the neck with the wine. Attach a fermentation lock and allow to ferment to completion. (1.000 S.G. or less).
5. One week after fermentation has ceased, syphon the wine into another sterile glass jug. Allow the wine to stand in a cool, dark place 1-2 months until perfectly clear. After a minimum of three months the wine should be clear, and may be bottled. If you want a sweeter wine, you should stabilize the wine (2 1/2 tsp. potassium sorbate & 1/4 tsp. sulphite/or 2 campden tablets), allow to stand 48 hours, and then sweeten to taste with a simple sugar syrup (fructose is better!).
Note: Fermentation should be between 60° - 80°F.
- +Shop Beer
- Homebrew Starter Kits
- +Small Batch Kits & Ingredients
- +Beer Recipe Kits
- Bulk Malt Extract
- Dried Malt Extract
- Canned Malt Extract
- +Brewing Yeast
- +Beer Additives, Cleaners & Sanitizers, Etc.
- +Beer Bottles, Caps, Cappers, Etc.
- +Draft/Kegging Equipment
- +Kegging Systems
- Commercial Draft Components & Cleaning Accessories
- Draft Beer Filtering
- Shanks, Faucets, Knobs, Etc.
- Draft tubing, fittings, clamps, etc.
- Soda Canisters, Quick Disconnects, & Fittings
- CO2 Tanks, Regulators & Components
- Brewing Equipment
- Mash Tuns, Kettles, & Brewing Stands
- Blichmann Engineering Products
- +Books On Brewing & Beer
- +Shop Wine
- Winemaking Starter Kits
- +Wine Ingredient Kits
- +Concentrates & Fruit Bases
- Winemaking Yeast
- +Winemaking Additives
- +Winemaking Equipment
- Oak Barrels, Chips, Cubes, & Powder
- Wine Bottles and Bottling Accessories
- Wine Corks and Corkers
- Other Wine Closures
- Custom Labels
- Books on Wine & Winemaking
- +Shop Mead & Cider
- +General Fermentation Equipment
- +Shop Cheesemaking, Liqueurs, Soft Drinks, Etc.
- Shop Gifts
- Wine & Beer Making Classes