Cranberry Wine Recipe
Large food grade-quality plastic or earthenware crock (primary fermenter)
1 or more clean narrow-neck glass jugs (secondary fermenters)
Fermentation locks for each secondary fermenter
Plastic syphon tubing
5 "fifth" (750 ml.) wine bottles and corks for each gallon to be made
Large plastic sheet or cover for primary fermenter
Sodium metabisulfite to sanitize equipment and bottles
Ingredients: for each gallon to be made
3 1/2 lbs. fresh cranberries - chopped
1 lb. raisins - chopped
2 lbs. sugar (Specific Gravity - 1.090)
5 drops liquid Pectic Enzyme (or 1/2 tsp powder)
1 tsp. Super Ferment or 2 tsp. "regular" yeast nutrient
1 Campden Tablet (or 1/8 tsp. Sodium Metabisulfite)
1 Gallon Warm Water
All Purpose Wine Yeast
1. Wash the cranberries in lukewarm water and place in the primary fermenter. Add the remainder of the ingredients EXCEPT the wine yeast to the primary fermenter. Stir well to dissolve.
2. Allow to cool to 70 - 75° F. Add the wine yeast. Cover with lid or plastic sheet and tie down.
3. Allow to ferment 5 - 7 days. Stir daily to break up the pulp cap. Strain out the pulp and squeeze to extract all the juice. Discard pulp. Syphon into sterilized secondary fermenter and attach fermentation lock.
4. After 3 weeks, syphon into another sterilized jug and attach fermentation lock. Always fill the jug as full as possible (within an inch or so from the rubber stopper). Syphon again in about 1 month.
5. When wine is clear and stable, it may be bottled. The addition of 1/2 tsp. potassium sorbate stabilizer is recommended. If a sweeter wine is desired, add simple syrup to taste (2 parts fructose or sugar to 1 part boiling water).
6. Bottle and cork and lay on its side to age at least 4-6 months.
NOTE: All equipment should be well washed and sanitized with a solution of sodium metabisulfite before use.
- +Shop Beer
- Homebrew Starter Kits
- +Beer Recipe Kits
- +Small Batch Kits & Ingredients
- Bulk Malt Extract
- Dried Malt Extract
- Canned Malt Extract
- +Brewing Yeast
- +Beer Additives, Cleaners & Sanitizers, Etc.
- +Beer Bottles, Caps, Cappers, Etc.
- +Draft/Kegging Equipment
- +Kegging Systems
- Commercial Draft Components & Cleaning Accessories
- Draft Beer Filtering
- Shanks, Faucets, Knobs, Etc.
- Draft tubing, fittings, clamps, etc.
- Soda Canisters, Quick Disconnects, & Fittings
- CO2 Tanks, Regulators & Components
- Brewing Equipment
- Mash Tuns, Kettles, & Brewing Stands
- Blichmann Engineering Products
- +Books On Brewing & Beer
- +Shop Wine
- Winemaking Starter Kits
- +Wine Ingredient Kits
- +Concentrates & Fruit Bases
- Winemaking Yeast
- +Winemaking Additives
- +Winemaking Equipment
- Oak Barrels, Chips, Cubes, & Powder
- Wine Bottles and Bottling Accessories
- Wine Corks and Corkers
- Other Wine Closures
- Custom Labels
- Books on Wine & Winemaking
- +Shop Mead & Cider
- +General Fermentation Equipment
- +Shop Cheesemaking, Liqueurs, Soft Drinks, Etc.
- Shop Gifts
- Wine & Beer Making Classes