We stock hops in three forms:
1) Loose Flower Hops - Raw, unprocessed flowers, simply gently compressed into 200 lbs. bales at the hop farm for transportation reasons. We refer to these as "loose flower hops." Please note that these are not "hop leaves," which are useless for brewing purposes. When truly fresh, these are hard to beat.
2) Pelletized Hops - Raw hops that are shredded and pushed through an extruder to produce the familiar green pellets so commonly used in both homebrewing and commercial brewing. Pellets take up less space than raw hops and tend to keep much better in medium to long-term storage.
3) Hop Plugs - A compromise between raw flower hops and pellets. Hop flowers are pushed into tubes to produce a green, "hoppy puck" product, but are not shredded. These store very well and retain much of the raw hop aromas and bouquets, but must be strained out of the wort, like raw hops. Can be expensive because of the unusual processing. This form of hops has become increasingly difficult to obtain, and we have deleted them from our offerings for the time being.
- +Shop Beer
- Homebrew Starter Kits
- +Beer Recipe Kits
- +Small Batch Kits & Ingredients
- Bulk Malt Extract
- Dried Malt Extract
- Canned Malt Extract
- +Brewing Yeast
- +Beer Additives, Cleaners & Sanitizers, Etc.
- +Beer Bottles, Caps, Cappers, Etc.
- +Draft/Kegging Equipment
- +Kegging Systems
- Commercial Draft Components & Cleaning Accessories
- Draft Beer Filtering
- Shanks, Faucets, Knobs, Etc.
- Draft tubing, fittings, clamps, etc.
- Soda Canisters, Quick Disconnects, & Fittings
- CO2 Tanks, Regulators & Components
- Draft Dispensing Towers
- +Brewing Equipment & Blichmann Products
- Mash Tuns, Kettles, & Brewing Stands
- +Books On Brewing & Beer
- +Shop Wine
- Winemaking Starter Kits
- +Wine Ingredient Kits
- +Concentrates & Fruit Bases
- Winemaking Yeast
- +Winemaking Additives
- +Winemaking Equipment
- Oak Barrels, Chips, Cubes, & Powder
- Wine Bottles and Bottling Accessories
- Wine Corks and Corkers
- Other Wine Closures
- Custom Labels
- Books on Wine & Winemaking
- +Shop Mead & Cider
- +General Fermentation Equipment
- +Shop Cheesemaking, Liqueurs, Soft Drinks, Etc.
- Shop Gifts
- Wine & Beer Making Classes